Spanish is officially spoken in 21 countries worldwide, and most of these countries are home to beautiful beaches, delicious cuisines and friendly locals
Spanish is officially spoken in 21 countries worldwide, and most of these countries are home to beautiful beaches, delicious cuisines and friendly locals.
Spanish countries are also some of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and with around 329 million Spanish speakers – it makes sense that Spanish is one of the most studied languages on the planet.
Luckily learning Spanish language basics is relatively easy when compared to languages like Mandarin or even French – with simple grammatical and vocabulary rules, you can learn to speak Spanish like a pro in a couple of months.
If you are looking to move to, or visit, a Spanish speaking country, or you simply want to learn for personal reasons – there are hundreds of different resources online to assist you. A vast majority of these resources are also free to use and can make your learning simple, fun and affordable.
There are a variety of different tools to use to learn Spanish language basics such as podcasts, courses, audio lessons, videos and blogs.
These are our favourite online resources that are absolutely free to use:
Podcasts are an excellent way to learn Spanish language basics. You can take them anywhere with you and listen to them whenever you have a moment. Listening to native Spanish speakers talk is a great way to get started. These are the two podcasts worth checking out:
- Spanish Pod 101: Free and easy to use, these podcasts are produced by the excellent Innovative Language.
- Coffee Break Spanish: Short valuable lessons that you can literally listen to in your coffee break.
Some of the best lessons are audio lessons, and if you don’t have iTunes or just want a free source for audio lessons, then these are the ones you should have a look at:
- 123 Teach Me Spanish: Very structured and with hundreds of different lessons, this is the ideal beginner’s platform.
- Spanish for Beginners: Exactly what the name suggests, there are eight lessons aimed at getting beginners going.
If you are a visual learner then videos are a great way to learn Spanish language basics,. Luckily there are tons of different video resources to help you out. These two top the list:
- Professor Jason Spanish: With close to five million views, this YouTube channel is undoubtedly one of the best for learning Spanish.
- Spanish Dict: These incredibly well made videos are some of the best video resources for learning the language.
One of the best ways to learn how to speak Spanish is to register for a beginners course. It is the most popular and probably the most successful way to get your Spanish knowledge up to speed. These are two of the best Spanish courses online that won’t cost you a penny:
- Duolingo Spanish: Duolingo offers comprehensive and effective courses for beginners that are absolutely free. Their courses are some of the most taken online Spanish courses.
- FluentU Spanish: A unique and interesting course that uses real life videos to implement your learning.
Learning Spanish is not just about mastering the language but also about picking up the cultural nuances, traditions and customs that go on in everyday life in a Spanish country. These are the best blogs that cover the comings and goings of daily life in Spanish countries:
- Always Spanish: Amit Schandillia is not a native Spanish speaker, but uses his own learning experiences to help others – with humorous stories and information about regional dialects, traditions and street slang to help you out in everyday situations.
- My Spanish Adventure: This blog follows the trials and tribulations of Will Peach, who moved to Spain in an attempt to learn the language by immersing himself in the culture and traditions of the country. This is a blog that can help you to learn Spanish language basics while getting valuable information on the country itself.
Whatever your reasons are for learning Spanish language basics, one thing’s for sure and that is the Spanish language (or any language for that matter) is learnt much faster when you immerse yourself into the culture and mix with Spanish speaking natives. Why not combine your studies with a trip to visit one of the world’s most beautiful countries? If you are thinking of visiting Spain, contact us for expert information on all things Spanish. Who knows, you may even want to make the move permanent – if so, have a look at our comprehensive portfolio of property for sale in Costa Blanca.